Friday, October 1, 2010

It's fall!




I love October! 

It's probably my favorite month.  I love HALLOWEEN decorations and hot cider and overflowing apple farms and big fat pumpkins.  I love mums and Indian corn and pumpkin shaped peanut butter cups. I love crisp cool days and looking at the changing colors and walking with the crunchy leaves under my feet.  I love the smell of fall.

We are so lucky, where we live.  The leaves up in the mountains have already started changing color and they are so pretty.  The farms are up and running and bustling with people picking their own apples and pumpkins.  I've been going to farm stands for the past few weeks just loading up on fresh picked apples and homemade cider.  The kids love riding around pointing out which color leaves are their favorite.  And running around the back yard trying to catch them as they fall from the trees.  They love raking them into big piles and jumping off the swings into their piles.  And when night falls, they love sitting on the couch together looking at the all of the Halloween costume magazines.

I started putting up my fall decorations at the beginning of the week.  I would have to say that fall is tied for my favorite season to decorate (with Christmas of course).  I'm running out of places to put things.  Either that or I have too many things to put out.  I haven't even brought the BIG bucket of fall decorations up yet!  I haven't even finished my purging!  Or my organizing!

I know Alex won't put the little orange lights in my front yard tree.  Well.  I will have to do it myself.  Because they are so cute.  And festive.

I'm baking an apple pie today!  And making butternut squash soup.  And hot cider. 

It's kind of dreary and rainy, but I don't care at all.  In fact, I like it.  It's cozy.

Ahh.  I love fall.

4 comments:

  1. I think Fall is my favorite season. The air is crisper/cooler. Fall colors are nice. The biggest problem with Fall is what follows it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to take pictures of where I live! (Too bad I don't have a good camera, and too bad I'm a lousy photographer.) I only live about an hour away from three national parks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so obvious that I am your daughter :) I think the same as you momma..and how is it that when I leave you are going to make butternut squash soup and all that fun stuff? Hm? Not even fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JPT -- I totally agree! I like winter for a little bit though - til it gets sloppy.
    Erin -- OH! I am jealous! I want to live near three national parks! Take pictures anyway... :)
    KB - LOL. Sorry hon, next time you come home... :)

    ReplyDelete