Thursday, October 28, 2010

TO DO or not to do? That is the question.

When I say that my to-do list for today is as long as my arm, I am not exaggerating.  It may possibly be as long as my leg even.

First and FOREMOST on the list is running to the store to get Hazelnut creamer.  Yesterday, in a dumb thought process, I decided I was going to quit coffee and I knew if I didn't have creamer, I wouldn't drink the coffee without it.  So I finished the creamer and didn't replace it.

Who does that??  Yeah.  Well.  I changed my mind.  Sue me.  I'm not quitting coffee.  Not today anyway.  Do I sound cranky?  So anywho, I have to run to the other end of town to get the damn creamer because I refuse to go to the gas station around the corner because I hate the jerk lady who works there in the morning.  And when I say jerk lady, I mean idiot mean cheating jerky jerk lady.

So after I get my creamer, and stuff, I am going to sit down on my comfy red chair and drink it and finish this to-do list.  Just so I can see how very much I have to accomplish today to feel... accomplished.  And worthy of the stay-at-home-Mom title.

OK.  So in the magic of blogworld time standing-stillness, I am back!  And I am saying ahhhh and drinking my coffee.  Right.  Now.  I am drinking my coffee before the shit storm of a busy day gets in full swing.

To-Do Today or else

Shower CHECK!
Bring kids to school CHECK!
Get creamer from the damn store CHECK!
Drink coffee happily and relaxed-ly  CHECK!
Wash, dry, fold & put away 3 loads of laundry
Scrub 3 toilets
Load and start dishwasher
Straighten, sweep and vacuum family room and kitchen
Clean off counter tops
Open yesterday's mail and input bills
Clean/reorganize mud room.  Purge outgrown shoes and stuff.
Finish rearranging living room project
Freaking deal with the dining room and figure out how to rearrange it and just make it happen already
Purge and find places for all of the crap that is currently on the dining room floor
Patch wall holes and spot paint downstairs
Be annoyed by the workers in the basement not being on time CHECK!
Purge and reorganize family room cupboard
Purge and reorganize computer cabinet
Go through piano sheet music drawer
Vacuum the stairs
Neaten up girls rooms
Order a big girl bed for Brookie
Order mattresses for three twin beds
Get cider donuts and cider for kids school parties
Get kids costumes ready and packed for school parties tomorrow
Pick up girls from school
Go to Alex's away soccer game
Leave kids with their Dad when game is over
Drive 1 1/2 hours to Kara's college
Watch Kara's show
Get luggage from Kara and head back home
Don't fall asleep at the wheel and die a fiery death
Home by 1:30 am-ish and get my tired buns into bed.

Whoa.  That'a a lot of crap to accomplish.  I guess I better get off this comfy red chair and get moving.
best font size

3 comments:

  1. And THAT is why empty nest is so difficult! We go from all that every day to NOTHING! This may sound strange but, enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to make a list like that you need coffee and then to try and get it done, well you will need alot of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand Emptynester! Exactly Gabe!! LOL

    ReplyDelete