Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Day Challenge Day FOUR

Day Four is supposed to be about your parents.

So my parents had me when they were in their early twenties, I was the second of four girls.   They met through a mutual friend when my mother was in college.  My mom is a retired Dental Hygienist, and my Dad runs a part of one of our family businesses. 


Mom
Dad

When I was pretty young, my parents divorced, and they each ended up eventually remarrying. 

Mom and Steve




Dad and Wendy
I feel really lucky that we all live within 10 miles or so of each other.   We see them all often and do a lot of stuff together.  I love that my parents get to be a big part of my kids every day lives, and they really do everything they can to be there for them.

best font size

3 comments:

  1. That's nice they're in close proximity. My dad passed away when my daughter was only 3 months old. My mom passed away a few years ago as well. Neither really got to spend enough time with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubs and I have 4 daughters...which number were you? New follower from Over 40!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JPT -- very sorry to hear that...
    Thanks for following EmptyNester! :) I am 2nd -- which means I am: fiercely independent, even tempered, sensitive to injustices, extremely loyal, shy & quiet, a mediator, and I avoid conflict. I know my birth order stuff - LOL.

    ReplyDelete