Tuesday, October 12, 2010

i love lloyd dobler


I mean, who wouldn't?

And while I am at it, I love Ducky.  I would have gone out with him if I were the girl in Pretty in Pink.   Oh whatever!  It's no secret that I always liked the quirky guys. I think he was so cute.  My absolute favorite part of that movie is when Duckie comes sliding into the music store and starts fake singing Try a Little Tenderness.   (Just click on it.  I promise you won't be disappointed.) Aw.  I just watched that clip and it made me smile and dance in my seat and miss the 80's.  Except the heavily hairsprayed hair for girls.  That never really worked for me.

Back to Lloyd Dobler.  Seriously.  What girl would be able to resist him?  You know, the whole boombox, professing your love, sweet adorable guy in a trench coat  thing.  Who could resist that??  (Oh please. Click.)

Ah the 80's...  if we're talking about movies that made the whole decade, we have to throw in the Breakfast Club.  (<-- Click one more time for good measure) Love that movie.  To this day I will watch it any time it comes on... however, I was never a fan of Judd Nelson.  He has really big nose holes and they always sort of scared me.  But I did like his acting and the character he played in the movie.

And Sixteen Candles!  Back in the day when there was no google, I remember trying to figure out who Jake Ryan was in real life.  Where the heck was the information highway when I needed it??  What a cutie.  What a great movie.  Remember The Donger?  Hahaha.  I admit freely that I still quote that movie, and it came out like 20+ years ago.

Back to the Future, The Goonies, Footloose, The Karate Kid, FERRIS Bueller, Dirty Dancing...  I'm not sure if this generation of kids is going to have such a group of defining movies to look back on. 

2 comments:

  1. Your post had me thinking the same thing about today's movies and what kids are missing if they've not seen the ones you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JPT, I am going to make it my mission that my kids watch those movies. I've already made them watch a few. LOL.

    ReplyDelete