Sunday, October 10, 2010

ten ten ten

Saturday Centus

I've been out of the SC loop for the past few weeks, but I am back to try again. 

I'm participating in Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus, where she gives a weekly themed prompt, and you can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. It can be fact or fiction. The only restrictions are: The prompt must be left intact AND you cannot split up the words in the prompt.

The prompt is in bold.

“Please?” She begged, using her cutest, most helpless look possible.



“I’m sorry Jenny,” he said emphatically, as he kissed her goodbye. “I have to go or I’m going to be late. I’ll do it later. ”


She watched as he ran down the steps to his car, dumbfounded that her “helpless girl in need” strategy didn’t work. She sighed as she looked at all of the pictures propped against the freshly painted walls. Narrowing her eyes, she felt the heat of a sudden surge of independence.


“Well, if I had a hammer, I would have just put them up myself.” She muttered, stalking inside and slamming the door for emphasis.





best font size

7 comments:

  1. Good for her! But it sounds like she might have thrown that hammer at him first! Good take on the prompt, hope she finds more independence as she goes along! Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kat. She sounded like she wanted to toss the hammer at his head.

    Independence is tough without a hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hammer is a good start for independence! Great take on the prompt!
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's SC Week 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. She should have a go anyway I think. That would show him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not my kind of woman. i've had my own tools for years - and i hid them from clint while we was alive. never put them back!

    good writing. i could feel her frustration.

    thanks..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn, I, too, hate when that look doesn't work.

    Jessee! That was cool. It's my last SC read of the morning and what a wonderful conclusion to a fun week of reads!

    And, off the subject, your header picture is totally adorable.

    It made my heart smile.

    Great use of the prompt!

    Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to this one. Except I do have a hammer. And lately, I do put them up myself.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete