Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bee in my bonnet

Do you ever just get this urge to do something drastic??

The other night after the kids were all showered and put to bed, just before my husband and I were about to sit down to eat dinner, I said, "Can you just help me turn this rug?"

And that's how it all started.

I have to admit, that he didn't even sigh.  He didn't grumble.  He only eyed his dinner longingly, but helped me move the rug.  Which lead to moving the couch.  Then the other couch.  Then out came the drill and we took a mantle off of the wall.  And from there, it just hasn't stopped.



Of course, eventually it stopped -- but only because we went up to bed.  (And we did take a quick break to eat our dinner and watch Dexter)  Since that night, I have been on this mission to rearrange the entire downstairs of my house.  Frankly, I have been a little obsessed.  When I finally figured out how I wanted to rearrange the living room, Alex was at work.  Lucky guy.  Because I single handedly had to move my piano.  And that freaking thing weighs a TON.  I used muscles that I didn't even remember I had.  I also turned my whole 10x12 rug so it was going in the other direction, moved the couch and chair and a bench and a table.  All by myself.  Phew.

I was on fire, let me tell you.  I was sweating.

So things are coming together, and I lovelovelove the way the family room turned out.   The family room is really more like a great room, with the kitchen table and kitchen all together on pretty much the whole backside of the house.  We have been here for six or seven years now, but that room has always made me feel like it was set up wrong.  

In my rush to keep things moving before Alex got annoyed with me, I didn't get the camera out for before and after pictures.  If you have your person standing there ready to move things around at your whim, taking a couple minutes to get the camera and take pictures is just too risky.

So I am sitting here in my freshly rearranged living room/dining room, trying to figure out how to pull this all together so it looks as nice as the rest of the downstairs.  Right about now it's half-way finished.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been my usual long-winded self.  I have been on a mission.  I'm almost done though - so please don't delete me from your blogroll! 

Sheesh.  With all of this crazy purging, organizing and rearranging going on, you'd think I was nesting. 

Oh bite your tongue!  I'm definitely not!
best font size

No comments:

Post a Comment