Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 8

A Place You've traveled to.

Well, I have traveled around the US a bit - not nearly enough to the west or mid-west or central US though.  I really really want to put my foot in every single state though.  That is definitely on my mental bucket list.  So far, I have put my foot in:  New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida,  Texas, Arizona, Colorado,  and California.  Also, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. 

This is one of the very few things my husband and I fight over.  I want so much to travel, and he likes to only go to the same old places. I  WANT TO PUT MY FOOT IN EVERY STATE IN THE US!  There is so much to see!  I don't want to not see the world.  In fact, I am going to make it my mission to see all of the states I haven't seen.  And nobody can tell me no.  In all honesty, I could care less about traveling alone even.   I would totally do it.  And I will.  Actually.

So I've never been to any of these states: MAINE (can you believe that?  It's so close.), Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama,  Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Indiana,  Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa,  N Dakota, S Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Hawaii.

OK.  OMG.  Here is where I actually get to answering the question.

My sister Jen and her husband were going to the Virgin Islands a few years ago because they had sold a yacht to the owner of this resort, and they bartered a deal - John put some extras on the boat, and the guy gave him a big credit for his all inclusive resort in St Thomas.  Jen asked us if we wanted to go along, all we would have to pay for was airfare -- so we were all over it.  The kids were so excited.  My Dad and Wendy went too.



We flew into this tiny little airport that was open - it was so different - like it was almost all outdoors.  It was so hot.  We had to get this taxi to our resort, and the driver drove really crazy.  Brooke was about 15 months and supposed to be in a car seat, and I was beside myself because there weren't any in the taxi.  I swear I was scared to death the whole ride.

The resort was so awesome.  The kids definitely got their money's worth on the free drinks - they got virgin daiquiris all day long.  We snorkeled and swam and ate our faces off.  We saw a tarantula.  There were freaking lizards all over the place.

My Dad took everyone on a day excursion around the islands, where they ended up on the beach of St. John, just snorkeling the day away -- could anything be better than that??  Brooke and I stayed back unfortunately, but it was great hearing about all of the cool things everyone else saw and did.

I would go back there in about two seconds.  One of these days, I definitely will.

best font size

2 comments:

  1. It sounds heavenly!

    I'm dropping by from the over 40 bloggers group.

    Blessings,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping Mimi! It was amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete