Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 day Challenge - Day Uno

So I snagged this idea from Jessie's blog.  I think it's kind of a cool way to respond to get-to-know-you type questions.  Originally, the challenge was supposed to start on 10-10-10.  Obviously, I didn't start then, because I just read about the challenge.  So since today is Wednesday, October 20 (only 10 days late!   oohh.  those words just made me think of being pregnant with my son), if I do this every day for thirty days like I am supposed to, I will wrap up this challenge on Thursday, November 18.  I am going to participate and post separately along with my regular every day posts.  For your reading pleasure.  Because I am nice like that. 

Go ahead and link your day one to the bottom of this post, so I can follow you on your challenge!

Here's the deal:

30 Day Challenge

Day 1-Introduce yourself, post a recent picture, 15 interesting facts about you

Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name

Day 3-Your first love

Day 4-Your parents

Day 5-Your siblings

Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy

Day 7-Favorite movies

Day 8-A place you've traveled to

Day 9-A picture of your friends

Day 10-Something you're afraid of

Day 11-Favorite TV shows

Day 12-What you believe

Day 13-Goals

Day 14-A picture you love

Day 15-Bible verse

Day 16-Dream house

Day 17-Something you're looking forward to

Day 18-Something you regret

Day 19-Something you miss

Day 20-Nicknames

Day 21-Picture of yourself

Day 22-Favorite city

Day 23-Favorite vacation

Day 24-Something you've learned

Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs

Day 26-Picture of your family

Day 27-Pets

Day 28-Something that stresses you out

Day 29-3 Wishes

Day 30-a picture


DAY ONE
Introduce, recent picture,  15 facts.

Well, this may be redundant because I have been blogging for a bit now and I pretty much talk about myself a lot, but my name is Jessica.  My friends call me Jessee or Jess, and my husband calls me Hon. I have four kids ranging wildly in age, which was not the original plan.  Kara is 21 and wrapping up her senior year in college, Alex is 13 and in the eighth grade, Megan is 9 and in fourth grade, and Brooke, the baby, is 5 and just started Kindergarten.  I am a stay-at-home-mom, and I love to take care of my family.

Here is the most recent picture that I have of myself, taken in the car by my husband just last Saturday on a freezing cold day, getting ready to watch a bunch of games for our school's Homecoming weekend:




FIFTEEN FACTS about me? (1)  I am loyal, (2) I don't forgive easily, (3) I have no problem going to a movie or dinner by myself, (4) I love to take and edit pictures, (5)  I love to write and I have way too many unfinished stories hanging around, (6) I don't feel like I am very good at making friends, (7) I hate having cold feet, but sleep with them out of the covers anyway, (8) A guilty pleasure is listening to inappropriate rap, (9) I believe wholeheartedly in freedom of speech, (10) I love to read in my big deep tub and can start and finish a big old book in one (bath) sitting, (11) I always wanted to live on a farm, (12) I am pretty introverted and shy, and I don't open up very easily (13) I'm a wannabe crafter, and especially want to learn how to knit (14) I love decorating my house for holidays and tend to go a little overboard, (15) I hate when people get in my personal space

best font size

1 comment:

  1. Jessee,

    You've inspired me with your blog and gave me the nudge I needed to start the 30-day challenge. I think it was the fact that you liked Damien Rice and a LOT of the same books I do! I hope I posted the link to my Day One right :)

    ReplyDelete