Monday, October 18, 2010

dental incidents

Brooke had to get a filling. 

I am ashamed.  She is my first kid to ever have to have a cavity!  I was going to act all indignent when Dr. Bruno concurred with the hygenist about the cavity.  But I couldn't muster indignation.  I know that I have always been way more lenient with Brooke about candy.  Well.  Unless it is Halloween, pretty much candy is back out of the equation. 

I swear, my kids brush their teeth twice a day, every day.  Which is exactly two times a day more than I brushed half the time when I was kid.  I think I can remember times when I wouldn't brush for days.  What was my mother thinking??  I wonder what the big deal was, trying not to brush my teeth.  Like, gross.

Well so poor little Brookie had to go get a filling in one of her molars, and she did great.  The dentist was really gentle, and even though there was a moment during the shot of novacaine when a tear was close to falling, she kept it together.  I was really proud of her.

I couldn't stop laughing at my poor kid though.  Her face looked so funny beacuse she couldn't smile on one side.  As soon as she would try to smile, we would all crack up hysterically.  Poor kid.  I was really surprised that the novacaine lasted for several hours though, it didn't wear off until past bedtime! 


So anyway, just a few days after the filling, we went away to CT for the weekend and Brooke lost her first baby tooth!  I can't even believe that she is big enough to have lost a tooth. 

She was so excited and proud.



 
best font size

1 comment:

  1. Hope she was happy with the tooth fairy! I can remember the same thing as a kid - saying that you brushed when you didn't! haha, its so gross now to think that I would go days like that... ewww!

    You have been awarded by My Life on Haber Way! Go to : http://lifeonhaberway.blogspot.com/2010/10/and-award-goes-to.html to accept your awards!

    ReplyDelete