Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Top 10 80's Teen Movie Crushes

No it is not 80's week.

But after yesterday's post about Lloyd Dobler and 80's movies and stuff, I decided to write a Top 10.   Usually Top 10's are kind of irritating, but this isn't because it's cool.  That's right.

So on to My Top Ten List of 80's Teen Movie Crushes.  I wish there was a better name for this list, but there just isn't, so let's just stop talking about it and get on with the guys.

1.  Obviously, Number 1 is Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack).  Say Anything. Unless one means 10, but I want 1 to mean 1.  I take #1 literally.  So yeah.  Lloyd Dobler.  He gave her his heart, and all she gave him was a pen.



2. Duckie (Jon Cryer).  Sixteen Candles. Try a Little Tenderness?  Hello?  Once again, I will say obviously.  Based on yesterday's post.  If you didn't read it, it's your own fault.



3. Christian Slater. J.D. from Heathers.  There's just something about his jawline, and voice.  I am pretty 100% sure that I would have married Christian Slater back in the 80's if he asked me.  I'll just leave it at that. 


4. Jason Patric - Michael From The Lost Boys.  First vampire movie that I ever loved.  He was so freaking cute.  You have to admit, he definitely rocked a mullet.


5. Corey Haim.  Oh... of the Coreys, he was by far the cutest.  Haven't you ever seen Lucas??  I really was sad when he died.



6. Ponyboy Curtis (C. Thomas Howell).  The Outsiders. I read this book before I saw the movie.  When I first saw Ponyboy, he was exactly the way I pictured him. Man I loved that greaser.  :)



7. River Phoenix. Jimmy Reardon.  Sheesh.  He was so cute.  Everything about him was magnetic.  And I mean that in the least cheesy way possible.



8. Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles.  I just had to look his real name up in IMDb (Michael Schoeffling) , and I realized he was also my #9, which would have been Joe from Mermaids.  I can't believe I never put that together.  It wasn't my fault that I grew up in a google-less era.



9. So now I had to shift my #10 into my #9 slot, which means I have to add one more crush.  I don't think that will be difficult.  So I am going with Rusty James (Matt Dillon) from Rumble Fish as my number 9.  Another book I read before seeing the movie.  Matt Dillon has definitely aged well.  Like a fine wine.  However, I'm not much of a wine drinker, so I guess I wouldn't know.




10.  Marty McFly.  What a great character.  What a great movie.

                                          

Honorable Mention: Cameron Frye (Alan Ruck). Oh whatever. No comments from the peanut gallery. Yes, I liked him better than Ferris. If you know me at all you would already have figured that out. 





best font size

2 comments:

  1. i absolutely loved this post!
    And Marty McFly too. Couldnt agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jake Ryan *your #8* was soooo hot :) Still love !6 Candles. I also had a huge crush on Andrew McCarthy from Pretty in Pink. And after seeing Back to the Future, I went in to 5th grade positive I was going to marry Michael J. Fox one day! :)

    ReplyDelete