Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Day Challenge SiXtEeN

Oh one look at that header and you can tell I am feeling a little challenged with the challenge.  Ah well.  As challenges go, this is fairly innocuous.  It may even be fairly enlightening to me, doing this.  I am answering a pile of questions.  Being less windy than usual. 








Day 16-Dream house


Can I pick three?  I mean, everyone needs a country house, a city house and a beach house, right?  Right.  So my dreamiest dream house is this:






OK, OK, I know what you're thinking.  Sort of.  But it's not the design that is dreamy to me, it's what is behind the design.  For reals.  Because I hate a super modern looking house, but this house is off the grid.  100%.  Without relying on government entities or utility companies to provide electricity, heat, gas, and water.  Which is definitely a dream of mine.  In all honesty, even though this house is really weird on the outside, the interior is kind of amazing.  It actually looks like a pretty normal house in there.  And has everything you would want/need, like a washer and dryer, microwave, normal kitchen - you know - normal stuff.  It just relies on wind and solar energy.  Cool, huh?  The picture is actually only a representation of what I think would be the best house ever.  I actually thing it's ugly-ish.  I would definitely build a way more pleasing off the grid house.


City Dream House:



I la-la-love old brownstones.  The old brick, the steps, the iron railings.  I would definitely live in the city if I could afford a place like this.  Something with character.  Huge old mouldings, several levels, amazing kitchen, fireplaces in every room... ahh...

Country Dream House:


Yeah, this house probably doesn't look like it uses too much energy, does it?  Well.  I can just see the huge stone fireplace and amazing massive rustic-y kitchen.  I can just see it with my mind's eye.  Do you think there's room for a big pool in the back yard?

Dream Beach home:


Yeah.  Well.  I'm fairly certain that I could live happily ever after.  Right.  There.  Forever and ever amen.


best font size

2 comments:

  1. The "Country Dream House" looks the most appealing to me. Utility bills might sober my appeal a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're gonna dream, dream big!

    I kind of like the off the grid thing too!

    ReplyDelete