Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You want to know what grosses me out?

Something that really grosses me out is long fingernails on guys.  I'm not sure why that is so skeevy and offensive to me actually, but I can't help but be disgusted by it.


I sort of give a pass to someone who plays the guitar, but... nah.  It's still disgusting.


Long fingernails in general are little germ havens.  No matter how much you wash your hands, germs are going to hang out there.  And you are inevitably going to touch your mouth or eye or something.


Why would a guy want long fingernails anyway is the question.

Unless he wants to dress up as a girl for Halloween and really, that's way too much effort when everyone knows he can just go into the drugstore and grab some Lee Press-On Nails.  Do they still make those things? 

Anyway.  Growing long fingernails solely for a more realistic Halloween costume is mighty commendable.  My BIL Ty grew his beard a little so he could shave an 80's mustache for his costume.  He was going as an 80's rocker who drinks beer.

T-Bone with his real 'stache (and fake hair)

My husband had to wear a fake mustache because facial hair is against the rules at his firm.

Isn't that weird?  Like facial hair would get you in trouble?  Also, he isn't allowed to wear black suits.  Only navy blue and brown.  I find that to be a really strange set of rules.  But whatever, they pretty much let him roll in at his leisure, so I don't complain. 

Somehow this topic went from gross fingernails, to facial hair to suits.  Like, who could tie those three miscellaneous things together but me?  Well.  I never did claim that my train of thought always goes in one direction.

1 comment: