Thursday, November 4, 2010

I get cranky when I'm hungry.

And I am hungry.  Good thing I am all by myself right now.


I hate when you turn into an adult and all of a sudden you can't just eat whatever you want.  If you eat peanut butter cups or cupcake batter or cookie dough or frosting you feel guilty.  I mean, who in their right mind would eat vanilla frosting for lunch?  Not me. 

However, I would never eat some of the things that I considered acceptable when I was younger.


Like greasy McDonald's fries or Mc Fish sandwiches (or whatever they are even called), or Dinty Moore Beef Stew or Steak-Ums.  Remember Steak-Ums?Gross.  Have you ever as a grown up, revisited some food you thought was so great when you were younger, and were appalled at how disgusting it actually was?

I have.


Back when I actually worked,  I forgot my lunch one day, and I ran to this corner store to grab something for lunch with the change that I dug up in my desk drawer.  All I had enough for was a can of that stew, and I was all like, oh I loved that when I was in high school!  So I bought it.

I could barely swallow one bite before I gagged.  It was all slippery and slimy and gross and I really wonder if it was the same when I thought I liked it way back when.  Yeah so anyway, I didn't eat lunch that day.

Bottom line guys, canned stew does not rock.

If I could have someone hand deliver a meal to me right this very minute, I think I would choose pancakes that are kind of doughy in the middle, with butter and syrup and that's it.  That's all I want.  It's not a lot to ask for.  I'll just wait here for someone to take pity on me and bring me some doughy pancakes.  That seems like the perfect thing to warm me up on this grey and rainy Thursday.

Waiting...

best font size

No comments:

Post a Comment