Friday, November 26, 2010

once a year

OMGiamsoexhausted.

I just had to have Thanksgiving leftovers because that is just what you do on the day after Thanksgiving, and whatever that ingredient is that's in the turkey that's supposed to make you fall asleep in the day is making me fall asleep.  Right now.  My eye is so ready to close it's not even funny.

It may also have something to do with the fact that my sister forced me to get up at the crack of my butt, like she does every year on this day. 

I blame Ali entirely. 

When my alarm went off at 3:20 am, I was already awake.  I love Black Friday.  I recognize that this makes me a freak.  But we do this every year, and we always have so much fun.  Thanksgiving Day, Ali and Ty go out and buy a bunch of newspapers so we can get all of the big sale fliers.  Then we sit around yapping, drinking coffee and flipping through everything to find the best deals.  We definitely have to have a plan of action.  A plan of action is key to having a good Black Friday experience.


So of course I shopped my face off.

After a few hours of crazy shopping, we met Jen and John at Denny's and had a nice greasy healthy breakfast, where I tried a new little thing called French Toast Puppies (which my BIL John referred to as sweater puppies of course) and they were so great.  They look like little donut holes and you dip them in syrup and oh...yum.  As is the tradition when we go out to eat together, we played credit credit card roulette for the tab, and unfortunately, Alex and I lost for the first time in the history of ever.  But we high fived anyway - we felt like losing credit card roulette on a $60 breakfast bill is way better than losing to a $1000 meat night restaurant bill.  That was a tough loss for John and Jen.  Then Steve and Mom decided to pay because Mom got a senior discount, so we just picked up the tip.  So our first loss ever proved to be only $17.  Which is pretty awesome for a breakfast of champions for 8 people. Then of course we headed back out for a little more madness. 

The good thing is that I barely went off list.  I pretty much got everything that I needed, and didn't miss out on one great deal that I wanted to get.

The bad thing is, I have a mortgage to pay.

But hey.  You only live once.  That's my philosophy.

Brooke reminded me not to forget her Pottery Barn Kids Cottage Bed ($1000).  I said I'd do my best.  Unfortunately, I did not make it to Pottery Barn Kids.

Darn it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good to me. We ate at a restaurant last night, so no delicious leftovers for me. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, your hubby is a big-time law firm partner, losing credit card roulette is nothing for him!

    ReplyDelete