Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Day Challenge 19

19.  Something that you miss.

I so miss my kids being little. 

I miss Kara toting around her "wippees."  She always had to have at least two on her at all times.  I miss hearing her baby voice, talking to herself and her toys.  I miss Kara playing the piano and singing around the house every day. 

I miss Alex wearing his big red boots everywhere.  I miss his love of his Winnie the Pooh pacifiers, and I miss watching him ride his little two-wheeler when he was a shorty little three-year-old.  I miss him pushing all of his trucks around the porch and dressing up in suits for pre-school.  

I miss Meg's hoarse little voice, and the way she couldn't say her s's.  I miss her twirling her curly hair into knots when she drank her bottle.  I miss Megan's little baby teeth and I miss watching her play so peacefully with her dollhouse by herself.

I miss Brookie's dependence on me, I miss looking in my rear view mirror and seeing her back there swinging her feet, sucking her finger.  I miss Brooke humming and whistling everything.  I miss rocking her to sleep.

In other words, I miss my babies. :(

best font size

2 comments:

  1. Now that is definitely something I miss. My 21-year-old daughter is going through a lot of crap right now. I just want her to be little again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post. . .time sure flies doesn't it. If only we could turn back time for a day or so!

    ReplyDelete