Thursday, November 18, 2010

cringeworthy



Yeah so I am usually home in the morning before my husband leaves for work.  Nine times out of ten, he has to wear a suit and tie.  Which means I have to check him before he goes to make sure his shirt matches his tie matches his suit.  And other things.

So one morning last week, I had to run a few errands after dropping the kids off to school, and since Alex has a cake job has no sense of what the word "on time" means, he of course wasn't dressed and ready when I left.  At 8:45.  In the morning.

ANYWAY, that meant I wasn't there to make sure he had his shit together.  And by shit together, I mean his zipper zippered.  Which he didn't.

So basically, he went to the gas station, got a soda inside, pumped some gas, drove to work at his leisure, parked in the parking garage, walked to his building, waited for the elevator, went up the elevator, walked into his firm, chit-chatted with everyone within earshot, tested out a few inappropriate jokes, made his way down the long hall past a bunch of secretaries, and sat at his desk in his office.

All while sporting an open fly.  

After getting up and going into the office of a female co-worker, talking over some business with her for a bit, then heading back to his desk to push papers, the co-worker decided to show him some mercy and fill him in on the fact that his barn door was open.

So I got the phone call.  The one where Alex was whispering furiously, "I told you not to leave without checking my fly!"

So of course I had to be sympathetic, and giggle at his expense.
Ahahahhahahahahha.

You have to admit, catching someone with an unzipped fly is pretty funny.

2 comments: