Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pakistan

I have been feeling a little distressed about the flooding in Pakistan, and the way people are reacting to helping the victims.


(google)

This isn't a political blog, and I am so not political.  This is also not a religious blog, or a judgemental blog.  That's my disclaimer.  But  this is probably a little more serious of a subject than I typically post, so be warned.

I am very torn about what it means to be a good American or a smart American in this situation.  I mean, I hate seeing people suffer, and I feel like I need/want to help in some way when people are in crisis.  So why am I struggling with whether or not it is wrong to help the flood victims of Pakistan?  I didn't think twice about donating to the people of Haiti, to those affected by the tsunami, and of course fellow Americans in New Orleans.

I want to help.  I know it is good to help, but are we ultimately just helping a people who want to harm us, want to destroy our country?  People who cheered in the streets as Americans were terrorized by the 9/11 attacks?  I do not believe that the whole of Pakistan hates our country, but I believe it is pretty much the general consensus, based on what I have read and seen on the news in the past.

I just hate hearing the hate.  I hate reading posts and comments about people who don't care what happens over there.  I think there are plenty of innocent PEOPLE that are suffering.  I don't know what to do.


(google)

Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I just stopped by your profile and came across this blog. I like it. I like your way of thinking. XOXO :)

    ReplyDelete