Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Centus

Participating in the Saturday Centus again this week.  Check out the rules here, at Jenny Matlock's awesome site. 

WEEK 16 ASSIGNMENT

What I did over my summer vacation, 100 word essay.
 
 
 
summer bliss...

slowly wake with sun-kissed munchkins crowding my space. everyone makes their way to the kitchen for lazy breakfasts. warm cups of hazelnut coffee get things going, and we wait to see what the day will bring.


"Watch this, Mom!" from my dare-devils who have mastered swimming and jumping in the deep end. “Please?” they beg, and ice-cream truck treats turn faces sticky. “Look Mom!” speeding by on their bikes, summer streaked hair flying in the wind.


fresh garden vegetables grilled for dinner before early evening soccer games. pink skies, roasting marshmallows, quiet late night walks to the barn while listening to music and dreaming.


and then it starts all over again...


5 comments:

  1. Loved this! My favorite line "sun streaked hair flying in the wind". What a perfect description of a beautiful summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that's the best about summer it can be as busy or quiet as one likes. Looks like yours was great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written...evocative...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bliss, I totally agree ... lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessee! I love this! Oh what a tender summer vacation.

    Do you scrapbook? This would make an amazing page with that perfect sun-kissed picture.

    I really enjoyed my stop here. It made me really miss my kids being young!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete