Wednesday, August 18, 2010

turd ferguson

(Kar and Frank)


A while back when Kara's boyfriend Frank was newish, we decided that we had to have a code word to use if there needed to be a change in conversation, or if the boys were being too hard on him.  My husband and brothers-in-law are definitely a tough crowd to newcomers and they get their little pack mentality thing going on.  It's like they weed out anyone who isn't strong enough to take their bullyish behavior.  Survival of the fittest at its finest.  But I didn't want them to be mean to him, because Kara really liked him.  So we had to set some ground rules.


(the pack)


Trust me, a code word was necessary.


So we settled on Turd Ferguson.  We tossed around T*ts McGee, but I don't say the T word, so that wasn't going to work for me. 

If anyone thought one of the guys were being mean or inappropriate to Frank, they had to say "Turd Ferguson! Turd Ferguson!"  That was supposed to distract the bully from their meanie behavior and hopefully make them change it, while not embarrassing Frank.

So Frank just came along for a few days on our big two week family vacation 
and we didn't have to use the code word ONCE.

I'm so proud of the boys.  I think they are finally growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment