Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year, new resolutions

So I did put the bold statement out there a bit ago that I would put my top three resolutions out for all of the world to see on January one, and today is the big day.

I also recall mentioning that I would make monthly progress updates.

Yeah.  I might actually even take it all back and rescind that offer.  Because it was a pretty bold statement.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

But for now, January one - new year, new decade, I will post my top three resolutions.  And I do not take this lightly.  I had to weigh the options -- really decide what the top three should be and of course, be straight up sure I could sort of accomplish them if I really made the effort.  Because even worse than not accomplishing them is knowing that everyone knows I didn't accomplish them.

I'm sure you all are thinking they are going to be exciting, world changing resolutions because let's face it -- the build up has been really excruciating.  Right?  But even though I hate to burst any bubbles, in reality, the resolutions are pretty boringly average and normal.  Nothing world changing.  Nothing super exciting.  Just regular old resolutions.  But, resolutions that are important to me one way or the other.

So here they are in no particular order.  Well.  A particular order I guess, but not really for any particular reason.  I'm being evasive.  And slow in presenting them, aren't I? Sorry.  I just feel a little nervous and naked and forthcoming.

So without further ado, without any pomp or circumstance, without any... well, you get the idea.  Here they are.  Presenting....

MY (top three) big fat 2011 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS:

1.  Cook dinner and eat dinner as a family more regularly. Quit/reduce take-out. Make healthier meals. (That could possibly be considered three resolutions, however, since it is one general theme, I am going with it.)

2.  Organize and transfer all (6000+) old photos to disc & clean up desktop computer of pictures/video.  Organize all photos into photo albums.

3. FIT at forty-one.  Exercise for at least 30 minutes, at least four days a week.  No excuses.

Well.  There you have it.  Now you all can force me to be accountable and make all of these things happen.  I chose those particular three things because those are the three things I say I am going to do every single year, and every single year, something gets in the way of it eventually, and something puts me off course.  I really, truly want/need to do those things up there.  Really.  Truly.

So anyway, wish me luck.

As I wish you on your resolutions.  Here's hoping we all enjoy a great new year.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the resolutions. Here's hoping you have an awesome new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to get back on the exercise bandwagon. Typical resolution, for most poeple, I guess.

    ReplyDelete