Friday, January 21, 2011

The thing about the minivans

So today I am going to pick up my new minivan and I am super excited about it.  I said that in all seriousness.  I swear.

I remember when I went from my Expedition (which I loved) to a minivan and I had a little bit of a hard time adjusting.  We decided to go mini van because well, it seemed logical.  Also, because of my irrational fear that of one of my kids would fall out of the Expedition while I was driving on the highway.  Incidentally, that fear may not necessarily be irrational because Megan really did fall out of the Expedition.  It was not moving at the time, but she was only 12 months old and omg.  It was mighty traumatic.  I had to bring her to the hospital, my poor baby.  She had the biggest knot on her head that I ever saw, it was so scary. 

Here's the thing.  Mini vans are designed for people like me.  Why would I have a problem with that?  I have a bunch of kids, and we are in and out of the car multiple times a day and it is just so much easier.  I just have to push a button and the doors open!  There is space!  There are no muddy footprints on the seats because someone had to hop in the way back!  The middle windows go down!  There is enough room for SIX kids!  Wait.  Do I really want that option??  I also really like that this particular van looks a little less like a van, and a little more like those crossover SUV's.  I think on the reviews some people say it looks like a hearse.  But I like it!

And let me just tell you, I was waiting for the van I am getting because it is way cool.  It has the neatest features.  And I love neat features.  I'm a dork like that.  It has a little fridge in it!  And this cool thing where I can download photos and it shows on a screen saver right on the dashboard.  And it has a great entertainment system.  And a blue tooth. (which is apparently a good thing - I am not exactly sure what I do with it, but I am sure I will figure it out).  The thing that I am really looking forward to is being able to have my ipod hook right in there without wires and extra crap, and apparently, it saves my playlist?  I guess I'll have to figure it out.  But I am happy.

So anyway, I am going to thrill you with a few picture of my beauteous new van.  Because I don't have anymore time to write.  Because I am heading out to get it like in five minutes!  Yay!




ps - It is going to look that clean and shiny and spanking new forever and ever amen!  No goldfish smashed into the floor, no juice boxes left half empty in a cup holder.  No footprints on the seat.  No misc accumulation of my junk in my area.  Right?

1 comment:

  1. Here's my most interesting automotive trivia fact Jess: the first mini-van was the Dodge Caravan, so named because it was a cross between a car and a van. It's true. Enjoy your new vehicle!

    ReplyDelete