Monday, January 17, 2011

moonshine and whiskey

My husband and I were up in Albany car shopping yesterday, and we got a call from my sister.

"Why don't you pick up some moonshine and whiskey while you're there!"  Ali says,  "Bring it over when you get back and we can watch the game together!"

Funny, because if anyone overheard the conversation they might come to the conclusion that we were illegally buying some alcohol and prepping for a big old country drunk fest.

But really, there is this place up in Albany that we go to every so often called Juniors Bar and Grill that has the best boneless wings like, ever.  Obviously, our two favorite flavors are the moonshine and the whiskey, and we couldn't not order them.  Oh my Cod.  They are amazing.  And in all honesty, their fries are pretty freaking perfect too. 

So of course we grabbed a couple of orders and brought them over to my sister's house.  We watched the Jets game.  And by we, I mean not me, because I just don't get the rules of football.  I try, I swear!  My poor son was trying so hard to explain about the downs and first and whatever and blahblahblah, I just blank after about 30 seconds.  I basically get that they are trying to make a touchdown.  And trying to keep the other team from making a touchdown.  And I know that grabbing a guy by the face mask means you get in trouble and that sacking the quarterback is something like tackling him.  I think?

Well at least I (mostly) know the rules of soccer! And baseball!  AND even basketball! :/

So while those guys were watching football (honestly I don't even know who won, and I kind of thought we hated the Jets?), I was perusing this site that Kara wanted me to check out called damnyouautocorrect.com that is the funniest thing like ever.  I have to tell you, if you feel like a laugh, just go and read some of the submissions.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Literally.  It is a site where people submit their auto-corrected text conversations and boy.  They are something else.  I'll share a tame smattering with you because I'm all friendly like that. 

I dare you not to at least chuckle inwardly. 




2 comments:

  1. I know. It's HILARIOUS!! Mine hasn't done anything this bad, but it has done some funny ones.

    Do you read Failbooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post was farty! I mean "funny, funny!" Damn Comment AutoCorrect!

    ReplyDelete