Tuesday, January 25, 2011

validation? uh, no.

So I was watching the Today Show yesterday morning and there was a little clip on bringing the mini van into the cool category.  It was kind of a little funny and coincidental because I was talking about the cool factor of my new mini van on Friday's post.  And one of my favorite bloggers was actually in the clip -- Kristen Howerton from Rage Against the Mini Van. I was like, Hey!  I know her!  Kind of. In a weird bloggish sort of way. 

If I hadn't already been a little behind on reading Kristen's posts, I would have known she was going to be on the Today Show. Because of course after seeing the clip I went and read and got all caught up. In one of her posts she was talking about how they filmed her for the spot and how it was edited a little to make it look like loading her kids up in her van was a smooth piece of cake. Kind of funny because loading four kids under the age of 5 or 6 into any vehicle is usually not exactly a smooth piece of cake.  (incidentally, I'm not sure if the term "smooth piece of cake" actually works, but I'd like to think you get what I mean) I wonder if the producers really think that normal parents believe it when they make it look so "smooth."

But so anyway, the point of the little tiny segment was to see if mini vans could ever possibly be cool.  The person who was talking through the segment was all like, "mini vans are the sweat pants of cars - comfortable and practical but totally not stylish." (I have to admit, that was a great analogy)

I was thinking it was a little on the overboard side though.  Like, really?  Do people really care that much?  Maybe it's because I am practical that I don't care one iota if people consider a mini van "frumpy."  Dude.  It's a vehicle.  Besides four wheels, it has a couple of fun bells and whistles, and bells and whistles make me happy.  And it makes my life easier.  Easier = happier.  Happy mom = a good thing.  (I am aware that I just said dude.  But I meant it so it stays)

And for the record, I kind of like sweat pants.  Sorry!!!  I guess that makes me frumpy, but whatever.  Does it help if I don't wear granny panties hardly ever

And now, finally, I am done talking mini vans and underpants.  I am over it and over this boring post.   

*On a side note, I'd like to make you all aware of the fact that I got a standing O from my husband last night regarding the dinner that I made.  And a round of applause.  It was very exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Love Kristin. She is very genuine and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina is also very genuine and kind. :)

    And yeah - loading my kids in the car usually involved yelling, counting to ten, and multiple threats of consequences if they don't hurry up and buckle.

    ReplyDelete