Monday, January 10, 2011

Freak

Does it make me a freak if I love a new notebook?

How could a person find such joy in something so seemingly insignificant?  That might be a question you are asking yourself right now.

My love of a new notebook is equal if not greater than my love of Sharpies.

Clearly I am a freak if I get so excited with office supplies.

Did I ever mention that I could spend an entire morning in Staples?

My husband and I spent just about three hours throwing disgusting garbage and vile junk and useless crap cleaning my son's bedroom Sunday.  We did this as a unit because it was such a massive job.  We did this while he spent the entire day snowboarding with his friends.  We made the executive decision to do it while he was gone because he is somewhat like a real live hobo.  A real live pack rat hobo.   He throws nothing away.  In fact things that are real live garbage, like tags from clothes, ripped paper, yogurt containers, etc are often found under his bed, smushed between his bed and his wall, or just blatantly thrown on his floor.  So anyway, we knew if he was around he'd panic once he saw the large contractor bag begin to fill up with garbage.  The bag was so filled by the time we finished that it wouldn't even close.

So while we were cleaning his nasty hobo room out, I found some spanking new composition books.  So new that they like, make that sort of squeaky noise when you opened the cover fully.  Like nobody ever opened it before.  I was so happy.  So I confiscated it, because like, obviously!

And I started writing a few lists.  Because I like love lists.  And I have many lists that need to be written.

And my first list had a little something to do with the underlying reason that Alex and I braved my hobo son's room Sunday morning.

We had a painter coming today to repaint the kids bedrooms.  Because we're too lazy busy to paint ourselves.  And also because I tend to rush a snitch and Alex is so very s l o w, and we just don't work well together on projects like that.  Somehow I always get a glob on something and Alex is so methodical and meticulous, random globs drives him crazy  And of course we couldn't have the painter come into a hobo room or we might look like hobo parents.  So we down deep and dirty cleaned all three little kids bedrooms out. 

It was actually awesome in the end.  I feel a little lighter like we purged a ton of crap.  And my hobo son will never even know what's missing because the garbage truck comes tomorrow morning.



So anyway, the painter came today and got an awesome start on the bedrooms.  The kids are really excited because we are making a bunch of changes in each room.  Miss Brookie is finally getting a big girl bed - poor kid is still sleeping in a toddler bed.

I can not even believe I didn't take a before picture of the rooms!  What was I thinking??  I will definitely post afters.

3 comments:

  1. We could be good buds. Office supplies + Me = Love. I am posting this week about redoing my recipe binder soon. My heart went pitter patter just typing it out. Hope you love the painting outcome. Fun.

    Blessings to you,
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete