Monday, January 3, 2011

The halls are officially undecked

Well.  Not officially.  The tree is officially undecked though.  Undecked and laying in the snow out front waiting for disposal, actually.


I like to leave up a bunch of decorations because don't you think it looks so bare and sad when you take everything down?  I am usually more than happy to say goodbye to the tree, but its the other stuff that I really miss.  That stuff typically lingers around in my house through January or so.  Then it's just bare when it's all gone, because what decorations can you put up til like Easter?  Nothing.  That's what.


Speaking of my tree, I barely lost any pine needles for a whole month.  Now that is impressive.  What would be even more impressive would be if I could remember the kind of tree we went with so I can get it again next year.

So anyway, every blog out there seems to be writing about their new resolutions for the year, or a recap of the year we just had, or even a top ten posts type of thing.

I really don't like to be like other people, and I also really don't like to be a copy cat.  But I want to say that I pretty much think I had the idea first.  To do a recap I mean.  And also about the top ten thing.  I had it first but they all got to it before me!  Because I was kind of busy the past week or two, you know??

See?! You take one little break, and everyone just leaves you in the dust to look like a big fat copy cat.

So now I have a dilemma.  I could write my next two posts - one as a recap of the year that is now gone, and the other of a top ten post-type of thing.  I could also just scrap that entire idea because.  Well.  It's already played out in the blogosphere.  Or is it?

I took an obscene amount of pictures over the holidays.  I may go right ahead and bore you with a little compilation of those pretty soon...

Hopefully it wont be too anti-climactic.

So I guess you'll have to wait and see what I will do in the next few days.  Because that's how I roll.  Incidentally, I think that phrase is played out.  But it is fitting, so I am going with it

ps - I bought myself my husband a Squeezebox for Christmas, and it is so cool.  I am listening to Sirius as we speak/post.  The sound is pretty freaking rad for such a little thing.  You should definitely check it out!

4 comments:

  1. My tree and decorations came down before New Year's Eve hit, just barely. I was ready for them to come down honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be waiting with baited breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contrary to my blog post from today, I like reading about people's top 10 or resolutions. Write away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess: As long as you only took an obscene AMOUNT of pictures over the holidays, that's fine. We just don't want to see any obscene photos of your hubby, you don't want to lose readers do you?!

    ReplyDelete