Friday, January 7, 2011

Fill in the blank


I am participating in Lauren's Fill in the Blank Friday again.  Can I just say that I love filling in the blanks?  I could fill in blanks all day long.

1. Winter is cozy.  I don't love the cold much, but I do love the change in seasons, and I love to see the big fat flakes falling while I am cozy and warm inside.


2. Summer is the best.  I love sunshine, and especially sunshine when it is warm enough to feel it on your back, bare legs tingling in the heat.  Everyone seems happier in the summer.


3. If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd be at the pool with my kids.  Watching them jump and attempt new tricks and splash and laugh and play.  I'd be eating a nice cold sandwich and some perfectly ripe fruit, drinking a nice cold glass of ice water, and beating my sister in a word game.


4. My favorite thing to do in winter is definitely a cross between watching it all from the warmth of my house and participating in the fun.  Sleigh riding with the kids is so awesome.  There's nothing sweeter than the sounds  of the happy, joyful screams of kids echoing down the hills


5. My favorite thing to do in summer is to spend the days with my kids, enjoying the sunshine.  I especially like a good BBQ, and love that we can grill every night.




6. The ideal outfit for a sunny summer day is a light pair of capris and a t-shirt, ballet flats and sunglasses.


7. The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is yoga pants, fuzzy slippers and a couple of good warm layers on top.  Of course this involves staying inside though.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should definitely incorporate a Snuggie into your winter wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting to juxtapose the winter questions with the summer questions. I felt hot and cold while reading it!

    ReplyDelete