Friday, January 28, 2011

feel the love?

This is the cutest thing ever:
Brooke was making a picture for Meg.  Oh it kills me, the drawings of a five year old.  I actually can't believe she is reading and writing so many words in Kindergarten.  Brooke just loves her sister so much.  Sometimes too much.  Poor Megan is many times dodging the love bullet.  Brooke is in her space, like constantly.  


Megan is more like me - she needs her own space.  She likes quiet time, time to read and relax and just chill.  By herself.  She likes her privacy.  Brooke, who is more like her Dad, prefers constant entertainment and doesn't like to play alone. Megan is definitely her go-to gal for a circus-like atmosphere and that kind of stuff.

I have to say Meg really rolls with it pretty well.  She's such a good big sister.  She plays Bratz and Barbies and Polly's and House when she'd rather be reading or writing or doing a craft project.  I guess that is one of the tough things about having kids spaced kind of far apart -- they are definitely on different levels.  I try to sort of arrange stuff for them to do that they both enjoy, like making things and baking.

I just want them to be close when they grow up.  Like me and my sisters.  I want them to be best friends.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh those photos are priceless. . .and the picture is too cute!

    Isn't it hard when one kid needs something that is so hard for the other kid to give? Kind of hard juggling all the needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures of such cute girls! We have four daughters- I need my space but Hubs loves to be around people all the time. Only one of the four is like me- the rest are just like Hubs. DD3 and I always had to search for hiding places. LOL BTW, all 4 of our girls are very close. They go to each other all the time for support and will visit one another just because. Yours will be like that too! I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete