Thursday, January 13, 2011

An executive decision

So I made the executive decision to change my new favorite word from "snarky" to "Hobo."  Snarky isn't quite cutting it for me.  I really thought I might be able to use it frequently, but it's just not happening.  Maybe it's more of a European word.  I don't really think it will catch on here in the states.



I would like to thank my niece Abby for overusing the word Hobo, and making me really like it.  It's like the best word ever.  It just feels really funny when you say it.  It is kind of derogatory though.  Oh well.


It's a word that comes in handy, like a lot. 


Like in a situation where your sister comes over for a cup of coffee in her nighties and slippers, you can say, "You are such a hobo Ali."


Or you can say to your kids, "You hobos better get your behinds in the car!"


You can even use it on your mother.  Like when Mom was carrying a bunch of bags and presents up to her room at the resort a few weeks ago, I said "Ma, you really look like a hobo!"  And then I helped her carry a bag.  Because I am all kind like that.


So anyway -- HOBO is the word of the day.  Learn it, love it, live it.  And definitely use it as often as possible.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever come to visit you and Alex, remind me not to pack all of my belongings in a bandanna and tie them to the end of a long stick, as I normally do. I already know what you'll call me...

    ReplyDelete