Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my new favorite word is incidentally

My old favorite word was "however," but I have since started overusing the word incidentally.


In my defense, it is very fitting in a lot of sentences.

I can find my new favorite word in several recent posts.

Here is one example.

Here is another.

And here is one more, for good measure.

Incidentally, I just discovered I used incidentally in yesterday's post too.

Do you ever find yourself doing that?  I mean, overusing a particular word?  It's like all of a sudden you discovered it so you inadvertently find a way to inject it into as many conversations as you can?

Just so you know, I brought it to my own attention.  I'm going to try to quit saying it.  But if I do, I am going to have to find a replacement word that I like just as much. 

Like... um... oh I am having a moment of utter blankness in my mind.  What other words do I like as much as however and incidentally and y'all??

How about snarky?  (incidentally, spell check tried to change the word snarky to snaky.  Like, there's a snaky in my boot?  WTF?  Who says that?)  My son said snarky the other day and it made me laugh.  It kind of rolls off the tongue funny.  Snarky. SNARKY.  OK, OK.  I'll give it the old college try and let you know how it goes.  Because I know you are all super interested.  Unless someone can come up with a better suggestion for a good word for me to overuse.  Larry?

1 comment:

  1. LOL ~ yes, I was all like sitting here depressed about the holidays. I was actually googling "no holiday spirit depressed" and then "karma" and happened to read your blog. Reading through your stories, my mood began to lift and I literally laughed out loud at "There's a snaky in my boot"! I had been in such a humbug mood today, my son ran over to see what was making me laugh. Thanks, I needed that. Incidentally...you are now my favorite blog :)

    ReplyDelete