Thursday, December 2, 2010

banana muffies - a recipie

Oh.  I do love it when bananas get too brown for anyone to want to eat them.  In my house it's like Cod forbid a banana has a speckle on it.




my kids call these banana muffies
 
Way back when I lived in Colorado, my Aunt Wynnie used to make the best banana muffins ever...  they were so great and warm and homey...  I was lucky enough to bring that recipe back to NY with me.  And because I am all nice and domestic-ish, I thought I would share my favorite muffin recipe with you, even though this is not a cooking blog.  I hope you are cool with my mini break from weird and random-ness.  I of course expect you to give credit where credit is due if you choose to try out the recipe, and refer to these only as "Wynnie Muffs."


So anyway, back to the YUM muffs.  The muffins of pure amazing yum-ness and joy.  The banana muffmuffs that I lovelove.


OK, I've gotten a hold of myself.  Can you so tell that I am not a foodie blogger?  Yeah. Whatever!

(ps, i am not being hostile, however it may seem.)


Anyway it's pretty simple and straightforward, as far as recipes go.  I even took a few pictures for your viewing pleasure, like a real foodie blogger would do.  Until I got sick of taking pictures of ingredients that is.  Like a real foodie blogger would not do.




here are a couple of speckled bananas
 Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups of sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1/2 c soft margarine
1 1/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c mashed bananas



-Sift together dry ingredients.
-In another bowl, cream margarine and sugar.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.
-Blend in vanilla and bananas.
-Combine with dry ingredients.
-Mix.



-Fill each muffin tin evenly, makes about 18 (if you don't eat the batter).


-Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
-You can add walnuts or chocolate chips to these, but we usually make them plain.



When cool, you can ice with a mixture of powdered sugar, milk and vanilla

So there you have it!  A nice banana muffie recipe.  Now go on and party like the rockstar that you are.

3 comments:

  1. Nom, nom, nom. I love all things banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana muffies - that is too cute!

    These sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell these muffins now...but can't taste one. When are you going to be selling these via mail order? A new business venture!

    ReplyDelete