Thursday, December 9, 2010

There comes a time

There comes a time in every couple's marriage, when you have to answer a very important question.

And that question is: Is there room in your life for a new television show/series?

I mean, my DVR(s) can only handle so much.  And there really is only so much couple-time in a day to devote to television watching.



For the most part, our allotted time is 3 hours.  That's what we have.  And if nothing that we like is on, then we just do our own things.  Like Alex will play Klondike on his end of the couch and I will read blogs and the news on my end of the couch.

On a side note, what if Alex tried to get on my side?  I mean, what if he just took my spot on the couch?  It would be like just as weird as if all of a sudden your husband got in bed on your side.  And went to sleep there, leaving you to gaze with uncertainty at his side.  Who would do that?? I don't know how I would feel about that.

Well, yes I do.  I would feel very weird about changing it up.

My TV is not on at all during the day.  I can't stand to have it on and I don't like daytime TV.  Well, I love Ellen and would try to make a strong effort to be her secret girlfriend if I was gay, but other than that, I don't care about daytime TV.   I do, however, really love my night time shows.

And I have been considering adding another show or two to the lineup.  Like on Mondays, we only watch House.  That's it.  Wednesdays and Thursdays and Sundays are definitely overbooked, but Fridays (and Saturdays for that matter) we have nothing at all that we watch.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Oh..The DVR is awesome Huh?
    My hubby works day shift, and I work evenings...There are several shows that we DVR so we can watch together on the weekends.

    Yes, it would be strange if my hubby was on my side of the bed.
    I get to bed late, and try to tip toe in the bedroom with the lights off so I won't wake hubby..if he were on my side...well, lets just say he would wake up real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have many shows we watch together. But my two DVRs are plenty full.

    ReplyDelete