Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Do I offend? sniff sniff

I just noticed that someone dropped me from their blog roll follower list thing.




Well that hurts my feelings.  I may have actually had a little tear in my eye about it.  No, that was just dirt.  Really, it was just a little dirt in my eye.  But I was really enjoying the number 76.  That was the number of followers I had.  It made me feel like a leader.  It made me feel like a hot shot.


Do people still even say hot shot?


Maybe that's why the follower decided not to follow me anymore.  Maybe I am too uncool because I say things like hot shot and rewind.  I mean, maybe a girl who says hot shot is just not worthy of that hip, fancy follower.


Maybe I am boring.  Maybe my posts are just too all over the place to hold that meanie follower's attention.  Maybe I need a niche.  Maybe it's because I say an occasional swear word!  Oh my Cod maybe it's because I said the V word yesterday!

 
Do I offend?


Actually, I really don't mind being unfollowed.  For reals.  Because if someone isn't feeling my blog, I totally accept that.  I want the people who give me a second of their time to enjoy that second.  If they aren't digging it, it's no skin off my nose -- it just means we aren't similar enough in some way to have a connection  And I really think I prefer the number 75.  It's rounder, don't you think?



So all of you (three) remaining loyal readers, I think we have a connection.  I think it might even be a love connection.  Because I puffy heart all of you guys.  I might even be persuaded to marry you if my husband didn't care.  And if it was legal in this state of course.  Anyway, I know it's pathetic to beg, but please don't unfollow me.  I'll make an effort to be cooler!  I promise!

8 comments:

  1. I get dropped all the time. Pretty much weekly. Although, I gained two followers yesterday. That's what writing about a sex shop does for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times since I started my blog. And it kind of gets to me and I do wonder about why. But, like you say, maybe they just aren't feeling my wonderful words of wisdom...LOL

    If I could, I would follow you twice so your number would go back up! I totes enjoy my visits here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dropped at least 2 or 3 times per week. It happens. It sucks, but it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There I just followed you so now you're even again.

    I just hated that feeling of getting dropped. You harden up to it after a while and it barely makes you blink twice.

    Never doubt yourself. Who cares what anyone thinks. Just keep being YOU and followers will come.

    Oh, that reminds me of a quote by Dr. Seuss.

    Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're back to 76 now and I assure you that you are NOT boring! :) I get dropped all the time and it still stings a little but then I remember that I clean out my blogroll once in a while too! It's just the nature of blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had to come back and tell you---I got dropped by someone today! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're back to 76, happy to see, and I'm sure many more on the way Jess. As long as your #1 follower, Alex, doesn't drop you, life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dumb followers thing really isn't my friend. I had it on my blog, then I took it down, then I put it back up, then I took it down. I hated feeling like my popularity was based on a number. And I hated noticing when somebody would follow a friend of mine, but not follow me.

    Thankfully, that was around two years ago and now, I honestly don't care at all. It took a while, but I'm in a happier place blog-wise :)

    ReplyDelete