Tuesday, April 26, 2011

my apologies for the abrupt ending

We had a really great Easter weekend. 


Yesterday, I mentioned that my sisters Jen and Indi came in from CT with their families.  And I also mentioned that we went out to dinner and ate our faces off.  And of course had the slow clap incident.

My sister Ali, getting her egg coloring competitive-ness on.

My sister Jen, holding what may or may not be a little prescription of happy/calm/joy/love.

Saturday, all of us ended up at my house to color eggs.  I was rather shocked that my sister Ali didn't try to turn it into a competition of sorts.  She's very competitive.  I was also rather shocked that I didn't have a mini melt down.  One of my issues (did you notice I said one of my issues?) is that chaos sort of makes me have a mental freak out.  And a kitchen filled with 21 of my favorite people can get a little chaotic.  Especially when it's my kitchen.






It was actually great after I took eleven Xanax, we put paper all over the kitchen table, and spread out with a ton of dye and got to work.

I'm happy to report that nothing got jumped on, broken, spilled, stained or stolen during this event.














I like to consider myself a master at coloring eggs.

Come to think of it, I'd also like to consider myself a master blogger, but since I seem to be a master blog slacker as of late, I might have to wait til I get my mojo back to take that title and run with it.

And on that note, I have to go frost some cupcakes.  Yum.

2 comments:

  1. That boy in the third picture has pretty, shiny hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it, but I'm like you when chaos ensues. Drives me NUTS. Wait a minute...cupcakes?! I want one!

    ReplyDelete