Monday, April 18, 2011

things that I can't say

I have nothing against really nice doctors.

I mean, really nice doctors are hard to come by it seems.

Our pediatrician is nice enough, I've kept her around for all four kids.  Part of her name has the word "potty" in it, so it's always entertaining to my kids to talk about her.  They seem to think it's hysterical.  

But anyway, my poor kiddo continues to have UTI-like symptoms, even after a good round of antibiotics.  So we ended up going to another doctor to have her checked out.  And the doctor, she was really nice to my kid.  But a little too nice.   It's hard to put my finger on it, but it was kind of disturbing.

Besides, she said the V word like, a lot.  I have trouble with the V word.  You know, v*gina.  Oh I can't even spell it without feeling uncomfortable.  See how I put a little star there?  To make it a little cuter.  You're welcome.  The word just doesn't come out of my mouth.  I blame my mother.  I grew up thinking it was called a front hiney.  As opposed to a back hiney.  Thanks Mom.  So the Doctor certainly seemed to need to say it like a hundred times.  And I had to sit there and pretend I wasn't feeling all skeevy.  Ugh and she said other things that were gross too, like other unneccessary anatomical words that I am not even going to put down.

Brooke certainly seemed to like her though.  She told me that she wanted to go back there.  She said the doctor was really nice.  I'm sure it's because she gave her doctor gloves and a purple balloon.  Well, who wouldn't like someone who gave them doctor gloves and a purple balloon? 

7 comments:

  1. I am a fan of using vagina. I think it's good to use the correct words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vagina, vagina, vagina...what the hell....why not?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try va-j-j. With four daughters, we're pretty comfortable with just about everything. Sometimes our oldest (26) will say girlie part. LOL But I understand where you're coming from---I'm uncomfortable with some things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I hadn't changed my maiden name to my middle name, my initials would have been VAG which I just couldn't bear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you definately made it cuter with the star. . .

    Hope you got the problem resolved for Brooke. . .but yeah, so Dr's do, just rub you the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. YOu would freak out at my house. We call 'em what they are. That way when kids at school talk about them, my kids aren't amuzed. At. All. That's the point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am considering writing a few posts about period stuff, but I promise I won't use the v word. (If I do. Write the posts, I mean.)

    Sorry I haven't been around in so long! I have missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete