Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's a little too wormy out for me

If I don't walk at night, I walk on the track at the high school in the morning.  It's really nice because I am the only one out and I don't have to worry about accidentally singing along to whatever tune I am jamming to on my ipod/phone. 

Also, it's kind of cool to use the lap counter thing on the ipod/phone.  I like seeing how fast I can make it around the track and try to beat my time.  The counter only works though, if you don't get occasionally distracted looking around or changing songs or removing rocks from your sneakers.  That kind of thing.

Yesterday, I got distracted by dodging worms on the track.


They were everywhere.  Seriously unavoidable.

Yes, yes I did.  I think there was a worm migration going on because let me tell you, it was gross.  Besides, worms stink.  Literally.

Did you ever notice that?  After a good rain, you'll go outside and it stinks like worms?  I hate that.

So me and all of the worms enjoyed 8 laps around the track.  I couldn't wrap it up fast enough, let me tell you.  Because I am pretty sure all of the really big fat gross ugly worms were following me.  They may have been ganging up on me because I was crushing all of their worm friends.


And then I went home and washed the bottoms of my sneakers because all I could think about was slimy worm guts being tracked into my mudroom.

I don't even think that is the least bit weird.

2 comments:

  1. All those worms would freak me out.

    Natalie would probably try to pick them all up and I'd be all, "Eeek, leave them alone!"

    ReplyDelete