Wednesday, April 6, 2011

five

"Mom, close your eyes!"  says a muffled voice from the other room.

"Uh.  Why?"  I'm not great at surprises.

"Please!  Just close your eyes.  I have a surprise!"

"OK, they are closed."  I play along.

"Presenting.... "



"...my makeover!"

"Well look at that!  That's quite an ... interesting shade of blue!  And your lips.  They're so... glossy!  And your teeth... so pink..."

"Mom, don't I look beautiful?"  She's so proud of herself.



"Yes, you sure do Brookie."

"Now watch me twirl!"



Don't you sometimes wish you were five again?

3 comments:

  1. Mallory keeps doing that and it drives me nuts! Seems like beautiful 6 year olds should know they are beautiful with out external adornment! Maybe it's just a phase and I need to relax and enjoy it! But some times that eye shadow is downright scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie pie! I wish I could put my own makeup on as well as she can :)

    ReplyDelete