Thursday, April 21, 2011

the baby book quandary

Is quandary even the right word?  Good question.  It sounds right, I think.


ANYWAY.  Do any of you mom's of more than one kid have like a massive baby book for kid #1, documenting everything from moment one of the birth (and before), then a pretty good sized baby book for kid #2, kind of making it up to about the third birthday, then poor little #3 has some stuff, misc birthday and holiday moments, and then there's #4.  The one with barely any documented cuteness outside of the birth and coming home.


Well, I feel guilty.  How do I fix this?  Just add random fake cute-isms so that #4 doesn't feel totally unimportant??

At least I took an obscene amount of pictures.

5 comments:

  1. I have yet to fill out DD4's baby book and she'll be 20 in July. What I did do, believe it or not, is write stuff on the calendars--so I have 20 + years of calendars to go through and take info off of to put in a couple of baby books. Luckily, scrapbooks have satisfied them thus far. LOL If I hadn't kept the calendars, I would probs just make stuff up. I know, I'm horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, I have totally lost it on #3. Can't even imagine what would happen if I had had a #4.....oh wait, can imagine, because I myself am #4 and despite the fact that I'm the only girl there's about zero photos of me from age 0 until I started school!! My poor baby.....I have made up just about everything in his baby book but don't tell him.....he never needs to know! I filled in all the empty spaces when he was about 3 and guestimated every word of it! But I love him to bits and he gets more one-on-one time with me than anyone so I can't feel TOO bad - right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a mom, nor a parent of any type...but sometimes I just feel like leaving a comment anyway. When is Alex going to the strip bars anyway, please do a post on that, that's what interests your single guy readership?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad because with my oldest we didn't have a camera until he was 10 months old, so we have virtually no pictures of him as a baby! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any kids, but my mother does, and she also has albums and albums of pictures that (let's be real) nobody ever looks at anyway... I mean, just saying. And plus, your fourth child will probably appreciate the fact that s/he has less blackmail material on hand... Haha, I would!

    ReplyDelete