Friday, March 18, 2011

when in rome

"Yes, go on."


Ahaha.  I am a fool for Anchorman.  Sometimes I could be considered a fool in general, but whatever, you say tomayto, I say tomayto too.

So something totally cool happened today.  And it happens to do with me stumbling on this great blog which, in turn, made me stumble on to a couple of other great blogs.  Are you following me?  That's OK if you're not, because let's face it.  I can be confusing on occasion.  But anyway, I love stumbling across cool blogs!  It makes me very happy, and then alternately stressed.  Because really, there is only so much time in the day to devote to reading blogs.  And I am pretty much 3 great blogs away from tipping that scale from acceptable to the opposite of acceptable.

Anyway.


You know how every so often you have to do a little facebook purging?  Like you go through your friends and sort of stealthily delete the ones that really aren't your friends but you accepted them because they friended you and you are sort of nice?  Well, I haven't actually done that yet, for fear of being a meanie, but I have thought about facebook purging.  And I think I need to purge some of my blogroll too.  I pretty much focus of a large handful of blogs that interest me, and even though it looks like I follow a ridiculous amount of blogs, I don't read them all.  Because who has time to read 196 posts a day?  me Not me.  Because I have a lot going on.

So, the point of this post, "when in rome," is about writing a mini bucket list so I can try to win a book.  And not just any old book either.  A brand newly published book by a brand newly published author and fellow blogger, Melanie Jacobson.  If you click on this link, http://melaniejacobson.net/, you can read the first chapter.  Which is exactly what I did.  The book looks like some good beach reading, and it came highly recommended by my friend Erin.  So I am going all out to try to be a winner.  WINNER! 

So that's the cool thing that happened today.  Well, that and the fact that my son's vuvuzela turned up under a melted pile of snow in the yard (yippee).

So, without further ado,

My mini bucket list of things that I want to do before I don't want to do them anymore:

1.  Go on a getaway out west.
2.  Learn how to knit.
3.  Make a real cheesecake with the pan that comes apart on the edges.
4.  Go to a writer's and/or photography conference or workshop.
5.  Meet and moviestar make out with Damien Rice.  (Did I just say that out loud?)
6.  Bike ride really far.

There it is.  Rather lame, I know.  I want to pull together a real bucket list though.  Because everyone's doing it!  No, really because I think it's a neat idea.  And because I love lists.  And I love to cross things off lists. 

And I love lamp.

*sorry, I couldn't help ending with an Anchorman quote.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to make a bucket list too...afraid mine won't be too exciting though.

    Oh, and:

    I love desk.

    Veronica. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie is one of my favorite bloggers, and people. She's a great author.

    BTW, I once watched that scene in Anchorman, where Jack Black kicks Baxter off the bridge, about 13 times in a row, laughing my butt off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Anchor Man (pausing for the shock and awe) ... I shall put the viewing thereof on my bucket list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessee, please don't purge me off your blogroll. That's all I ask. It's not on my bucket list but I can add it if you want...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course Kristina P would pick my exact same favorite scene from Anchorman. I'm a little scared now.

    And I want to know what this great new blog is. Because I have time to explore a few new ones, for once. I just found two new ones last week.

    And I can already tell I'm going to love yours, so into my reader you go.

    And I think a "getaway out west" is a great bucket list item because it gives you millions of square miles to choose form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I want to make a cheesecake too! Stupidly, I have owned one of those pans for more than three years now, and I STILL haven't made one. Blurg.

    And a getaway out west could certainly include national parks, which would mean stopping by my house (and eating at Costa Vida, my favorite restaurant). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing at "bike ride really far." What's really far? To me that is to the mailbox on the corner. To you? Alaska?

    ReplyDelete