Monday, March 28, 2011

wrapping up a busy last week.

Last week was super busy.  I had a bunch of time consuming stuff to do every single day.  And that is rather shocking.  Because usually my weekdays are relatively quiet and uneventful.  Which I have come to appreciate.


But the stuff that I had to do made me really happy because the majority of them revolved around things my kids had going on, and I love going to see them do their thing.


Tuesday, Meg was in a little school play/musical, and she was so cute.  She was disappointed because she only got one line.  I tried to remind her that the first few school shows Kara was in, she didn't have any lines.  And in about 6 weeks, my baby Kara will be graduating from college with a theater degree!  Then she'll be off to NYC, to see if she can make it as an actress/singer. 

I had a ton of camera issues.  My new camera is still really confusing to me, and unfortunately someone MESSED WITH THE SETTINGS, so when I went to use it at Meg's play, I couldn't get it to focus right.  And of course it is a little on the technical side, so I couldn't figure out how to fix it.  Ugh.

Pretty much one of the only semi clear shots I got of Megan
Brenna, Anya and Megan (thanks Raina!)
Then Thursday, Brooke was in the Alphabet Parade, which is a little production that the Kindergartner's put on every year.  Each child gets a letter, and they have to dress up in or bring in something representing their letter.  Then they parade across the stage and tell what they are on the microphone.  They wrap up with a few alphabet-type songs.  It is so cute.  They also have to bring in a snack to share that starts with their letter. 

Brooke was P.  Thank Cod she wasn't x.  You all know my issues with the letter x.  She was so excited about being in the parade.  It took her weeks to finally settle on what she wanted to be and she ended up going with Purplicious.  She was all decked out in purple and carried the Purplicious book.




I really liked the grapes, the hammer and the owl too.  They were all so cute.



Then Thursday night, Alex went to a March Madness dance at school.  He had to get all dressed up.  He is funny, he loves to wear suits.   He used to wear suits and ties to pre-school.  And little man loafers.  Now  he is wearing his Dad's shoes and ties.  He's getting so grown up...

I tied that tie, thankyouverymuch

Alex, surrounded by the ladies

Bridgett and Alex are cousins.  They are both 13 and are really close friends.
So anyway, that was only part of the busy last week that I am sharing.  I won't bore you with the uber exciting pictures from the trips to the orthodontist, pediatrician and nutritionist.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. isn't it totally crazy how busy things start to get this time of the year, and its only starting. Trying to keep all those balls in the air becomes an art!

    ReplyDelete