Tuesday, March 8, 2011

asshat


So, you know, I don't swear much.  I don't yell much.  I don't fight much.

I'm a pretty quiet, non-confrontational girl most of the time.  It takes a lot to get me in a tizzy.

Wait, let me clarify.  It takes absolutely nothing to get me in a mental tizzy.  I am in a mental tizzy pretty much constantly.  But a real live genuine tizzy, where I might get all fresh or mouthy with someone doesn't happen too often at all.  Realistically, maybe once a year or so.  And that's being generous.

Let me clarify one more time.  I can get fresh and mouthy with my husband more than once a year.  Because sometimes it is necessary for me to spew my thoughts and feelings on things that he does that bug me so I don't hate his guts.  And sometimes, that involves me being fresh and mouthy.  I think that is healthy.  To spew.  Occasionally.  Sorry hon.

I am so controlled in public though.

But I am waiting for the perfect opportunity to call someone an asshat.

Well.  I know it's pretty rude.  And I know I mentioned that I'm not really a name caller.  Or a (public) swearer.  But you have to admit, asshat is a great thing to call someone who is really being an ass(hat).

Don't you think?

I mean, I wonder who made it up.  (urbandictionary.com?) Who had the insight to put those two words that don't really go together, together?  And why do I find it so funny?

I'm 98.6% positive that it would make me feel better if I had to pull it out of my pocket and use it on someone.

I'll let you know if it happens.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking that the first place I ever saw it was in one of Jen Lancaster's books. I am much calmer in public now, but I used to just let deserving people have it! Now I just look at them like they're stupid and I might even roll my eyes. What can I say? I just can't keep my big mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree. I also use Dumbass sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear probably more than I should. I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first (and only time until this blog post) time I heard the word asshat was on Loralee's Looneytunes blog. Here's the link: http://loraleeslooneytunes.com/

    I'm pretty sure I'm not cool enough to figure out when to use it properly in a sentence.

    ReplyDelete