Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OK. Here's the boring deal.

It's been a couple of rough days around here.  For me, for Alex, for Brooke.  Especially for Brooke.




Brooke's been dealing with a chest cold and a UTI, and let's just say none of us have gotten much sleep.  I felt really sorry for my poor girl.  She has never been a kid to throw a temper tantrum, but she gets crazy when her nose is stuffy, and she really flips out.  Almost to the point of passing out.  So I have to hold her and scratch her back and sing to her to calm her down.  A lot of times.  In the night.  When I am used to sleeping at those hours. 


I'm feeling a little like I did when I had a newborn.  Kinda cranky, exhausted, fat, ugly... oh wait.  Probably the lack of sleep didn't make me feel like an ugly fatso.


Anyway, I haven't had the energy to do much more than like prop open my eyelids.  So that is why my posting is a little on the lame side.  I am also behind on reading all of the blogs that I like to read.  Which is doubly lame.

Today is a little better and Brookie went back to school.  Her antibiotics kicked in and she actually slept sort of OK and woke up a little cheerful, which is great.  

Of course I had to bring another kid to an ortho appointment this morning, but that is what I do.  I was so excited today when the orthodontist told me we had maybe three more appointments til Alex is officially done.  And then he gets his before and after picture on the wall.  His after is really great.  I love our ortho.  Woo hoo!

So here's the deal.  Tired, cranky mom = boring, non existent posts.  I think tomorrow will be a better day, so please stick with me.

3 comments:

  1. Leslie just got all the hardware taken out of her mouth a couple of weeks ago. . .serious celebrating around here! Yeah to the end of those ortho appts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say I feel your pain but I don't have kids. I do, however, have a dog that is currently biting the hair off under his tail and now looks like a red butt baboon. It's not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a UTI in probably 7-8 months, but I used to get them frequently, and they are miserable!

    ReplyDelete