Friday, March 11, 2011

Do you think it's hard to play the air guitar?

Don't you think it's funny when people use air quotes?

Maybe they feel it gets their point across better?



I could get this for Abby!
My niece Abby used to use air quotes inappropriately, like when they really made no sense.  She was still trying to grasp the concept I guess.  She'd say something like, "Can you believe that for (insert air quotes now) Christmas, Julian wants an air guitar?!" (True story.  An air guitar was on my nephew's list one year.)

Like she was air quoting "Christmas."

It always makes me chuckle to myself when people do that.  Air quote I mean.

Speaking of air guitar, Alex actually pulled out an air harmonica the other day on the thruway.  We were rocking out to something cool, and he started air harmonica-ing.

He's very cool like that.

Speaking of air guitaring one final time, my sister used to go out with this guy, I can't name his name, because, what if Cod forbid he ever stumbled across this blog and thought I was making fun of him.  I mean, I am.  Making fun of him.  But I don't exactly want to make fun of him to his face.  Because that would be mean.  And it's not nice to be mean.  But anyway, she used to go out with this guy who air guitared all of the time and it was so embarrassing.  He was a Zeppelin fan, and he would play it incessantly on his car stereo.  He would get so into it.  Like, why.  Why must you do such a thing?

Incidentally, I see him around town every so often, and I have this insane desire to just turn up the volume on a random LZ tune, and see if he still does it.  I wonder if he taught his kids.

So do you think it's hard to play the air guitar?

2 comments:

  1. I think it takes some real talent to play that air guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love air quotes. Air guitar, not so much...Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live used to do a routine where he'd say "I might not be a (air quote sign) pretty boy (air quotes again)...." Very funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete