Tuesday, March 1, 2011

If there is an app that lets you reach through the phone and smack someone, I'll totally buy the iphone.

I've been debating whether or not I want to say goodbye to my blackberry or not.  My BIL T-Bone is working hard to convince me to go DROID, but I think I kind of like the iPhone.



The drawback to the iPhone is the keyboard situation.  Like, there is none.  I think I need keys to punch.  With the Droid, there is a little keyboard.  What I like most about the iPhone is that it would be like an iPod and phone all in one -- I could organize my music and have one less gadget to lug around.  Right?

So, I've been learning a lot about all of the apps that are out there.  T-Bone has an app that looks like a rifle, and when my sisters and I talk too much about a subject that he considers boring (such as Progresso Soup), he takes out the gun app and pretends to shoot himself.  It makes the sound of a rifle.  Chickchick BOOM.  It's a very convincing sound actually, and usually gets our attention.  He's a pretty funny guy.  He also has a flashlight app that he uses on a daily basis.  He pulls it up and it looks like a flashlight on the screen, and really a lot of light comes out of that thing.  It is very handy.

Last week we were at Disney, smack in the middle of winter break, and T-Bone totally used his new Disney app to figure out which park had the lightest attendance, and then which rides had the shortest lines -- it was updated to the minute!  It was so great.  The longest line we waited on was maybe 15 minutes.  I am pretty sure that is like the best invention ever.

And that pretty much sealed the deal that I need a phone that has better app capabilities than my Blackberry.

I just want an app that will reach through the phone and smack someone for me.  I really needed one of those the other day.

Do you think they have an app like that out yet?  I might need to figure out how to invent one...

6 comments:

  1. I had a Sidekick and went to a Droid phone. I really really miss the actual keyboard. It definitely takes me a lot longer to type.

    My husband has the Swype keyboard and he says it's really easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really beginning to love David's I phone. . .I sometimes feel like I am the last person under 40 without a phone that can do apps:)

    BTW. . .when and if I ever get an intelligent phone, I will definately want your app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need the gun shot app! I use my flashlight app too--when I can find it. And, if you find the app you're looking for? You'll become a millionaire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have seen an app like that. Howver, I would imagine if you actually used your iphone to smack someone it would hurt more and would definitly get your point across in a big way!
    I love my iphone. You will get used to the lack of keypad...and then you will never want to go back.
    My vote, iphone! (Because my opinion really matters.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a keyboard that you can touch, also. As for the smacking app, we're still working on it (I'm on the technical team at Bell Labs...) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you invent that app let me know :)

    ReplyDelete