Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I would NOT have made a great dentist

I have an irrational fear of wiggly teeth and pulling teeth, and looking at the gross bloodyish spot that the tooth used to be in before it came out.


I am not even kidding guys.  This makes me want to throw up.  Like, right now.
Let me rephrase that.  Touching a wiggly tooth will most definitely make me retch.  You know, the pleasant feeling you get when you almost throw up.  Incidentally I had the spits the other day for no apparent reason.  TMI?

So yeah, pretty much the majority of my fears are irrational.  Probably one of the only rational ones is sharks/swimming in the dark in the deep end.  That is very rational, obviously.

So the whole 7 year old losing the teeth thing isn't exactly the stage that excites me too much.  Or my eleven year old loosing a BIG FAT MOLAR recently.  Ugh.  Seriously feel queasy as we speak/write/read.

It's funny because when I was in nursing school and on surgical rotation, I totally enjoyed watching several pretty bloody and gross surgeries being performed.  Like a hysterectomy.  So cool!  The doctor's hand was so deep inside this lady's belly, it was crazy.  Remind me never to get a hysterectomy.  And I saw an old man get a circumcision once.  Which was pretty gross, because like, Grandpa penis, but other than that, it didn't make me want to puke or anything.   I remember changing a dressing on a bed sore that was the size of a dinner plate.  I am not even kidding guys.  I actually really found it more interesting than puke-worthy.

I really wish I could have seen my C-section.  If I was less scared of my immanent death and the immanent death of my littlest peanut, I might have requested to somehow be able to watch.  I mean, how cool would that have been to see??  Since it wasn't exactly a planned c-section, I didn't have time to even think about it though. 

Anyway, I always thought it was kind of funny that teeth are the thing that get me.  Wounds, gashes, bloody trips to the ER?  No problem at all.  Wiggly teeth?  I'm so out of there. 

I guess it's safe to say that becoming a dentist is definitely not in my future. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessee! Dropped by from Empty Nest's blog as I was intrigued by the title of your post. Really enjoyed it and nearly vomited at the thought of a doctor's hand in a woman's belly - oops there I go again....I think I might be better with teeth!
    I am your latest follower...what a great blog you have here!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I nearly lost it on the circumcision of the poor old guy! Why on earth???? You, my dear, are always entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know why I won't go back and get my RN license? Because of vomit. Too many nurses get puked on. No matter what the reason, I can't stand vomit.
    Thank GOODNESS I have a man who deals with vomit well so when my kid gets sick, he's in charge. Lol!

    That picture of the loose tooth though...it's pretty rough. ::shudder::

    Don't know if you sign up for giveaways or not but I have a Body & Soul one going on right now at my blog! Stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete