Thursday, March 3, 2011

oh my cod i put a jinx on modern family

This was the first email I found in my inbox this morning:

Can you please take Cameron out of your pocket, divorce Gloria's voice, leave Phil Dunphy alone and stop blogging about Modern Family.

When I say I want you to stop jinxing the show I mean it.... Or I will poke your eyes out!
The show has been great every week and then you blog about it and it stunk.

John


Well.  Number one, John actually read one of my posts and felt it worthy of some sort of response!  But number two, Oh my Cod I may have jinxed Modern Family.

 

My BIL John's email was referring to this post, when I spewed my love of all things Modern.  I actually thought the same exact thing last night as I sat on my couch watching it.  Because really, I typically laugh approximately 11-15 times every 15 minutes or so, and the laugh factor was not nearly as high last night.  I maybe only laughed a few times.

It must have been an off night for Cam, Phil and Gloria.  It has to be that.  I can't take one off night and just throw the whole family out of my line up.  That would be a crime.  I can't just let one lack luster performance make me break up with them forever (however, I may have done that in the past.  But that is the kind of post you might not want your mother to read).

And Kristina P, I know that I totally used all of my Wonder Twin powers to convince you to try out the show, but please excuse last night.  It isn't reflective of their usual comedic genius.  I know it sounds like I am just making excuses for Cam, Phil and Gloria, really I do.  Just, if you watched last night, you have to give them another chance.

Just one more chance.  I've forgiven them already.

7 comments:

  1. Well, no worries, since I still didn't watch! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was Hub's first time watching. He was not impressed. I told him to try some reruns online. I can't believe I remembered to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It used to be funnier but haven't watched it in a while. Hubby watches Cops and Bait Car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched last night, and now I'm bummed to know that it won't be very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that show and quite frankly I only watch two or three tv shows anymore. Have you tried Harry's Law?

    It makes me laugh a bit..

    otherwise, I just stick with the food channel....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids tell me it's funny, but I haven't watched it yet.

    =)

    ReplyDelete