Monday, March 21, 2011

my sister tends to date asshats

Nah.  It's not really that bad.  I was just trying to get you interested and use the word asshat in a sentence.  WINNER!

But anyway, my sister is now single, ready to mingle.  She has two girls - a red head and a blondie.  Not sure why that's relevant, but I'm just painting a picture here guys.  So my single sister with a red headed (non-step)child tends to gravitate toward a "type."

And that type is usually the tattooed type.  Sometimes baldish and almost always tattooed.  No, I have nothing against tattoos, or baldness in general.  I married bald.  Well, I didn't marry bald, I married hair that gradually turned into bald.  Oh, you get what I mean.  Right?

So Indi gravitates toward the tattooed.  And one day, not too long ago, my brother-in-law John challenged us to come up with a guy that we knew personally that was tattooed but wasn't somewhat of a jackass.  His theory is that guys with tattoos are typically jerks.  He also generalizes that all guys who have tattoos drive pick up trucks.  But that wasn't part of the challenge.

So anyway, we sat there, we thought, we pondered while sipping our coffee/wine/tea/diet coke, we threw out some names.  And guess what??  Unless we were missing something, we couldn't come up with one single tattooed guy that we knew that wasn't somewhat dickish.

So now, I am wondering if there is a correlation.  Does tattoo automatically= jackass?  Certainly that tattooed guy who was married to Sandra Bullock but cheated on her with a tattooed girl while they were adopting a baby is a jackass.  But to be fair, he is only one guy. 

I want to ask all of the nice guys that I know if they have a hidden tattoo on them somewhere so I can prove John wrong.  I'll probably have to get photographic evidence for John to believe me.

It is a lofty goal of mine to sometimes prove John wrong.  Because most of the time he's right and it can get a little irritating.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I never dated a guy with tattoos. Adam wants one, but he has some weird blood condition. I'm not sure why that means he can't get a tattoo, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the guys I dated before I got married (and there were a lot) were tattooed and also pierced. Usually. About a quarter of them weren't jerks. Most of them didn't drive trucks. I have no idea how this helps you, but now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has a tattoo that he got in college and 20 years later would LOVE to have removed. Its really badly done and lots of fun to beat on him about. My brother has a bunch of "real" tattoos that are really amazing, I must say, and he's not even a jerk. I think they are starting to become less scary nasty foulmouthed guy and more mainstream with shows like Miami Ink so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessee,
    1. The theory on tattooed men is an interesting one. I don't have any tattoos. Most guys with tattoos have something to prove it seems. If you watch any of the prison shows (Lockup, etc.), you'll see that most of the prisoners have tattoos. Many of the guards do too, though....
    2. The rules of the Cutest Pet Contest have been amended to meet your needs and you've been given a shout-out and link. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asshat is definately a fun word.

    I wouldn't be attracted to a guy covered in tattoos. I don't mind a few, but all over like Jesse James would be a turn off for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, Chris Cherry has a tat and is not at all an asshat. So does Greg's Scott. My best friend Anthony...I have lots.

    ReplyDelete