Tuesday, September 21, 2010

on a scale of one to rob pattinson...

I totally stole that line from my niece.  Except I substituted Rob (my #10 = ridiculously hot guy) for John Stamos (her #10 = mildly hot guy).  Although I do admit John Stamos is pretty cute.  I like his salty peppery hair.

Anyway, on to the point.

I'm feeling it again.  Blog angst, blog worry, blog envy.  Hold on, I am checking blangst on urbandictionary.  And blenvy for good measure. 

O.M.G.  I DID IT!  I got an original word (or two) on unbandictionary.com!  WOOHOO.  Oh yeah!  It's my birthday!  WOO HOO!  I will post a link for my definitions of BLENVY and BLANGST as soon as they post it on the site!  For those of you here that aren't aware, I have been trying to get an original word on urbandictionary for like ever!  I am so excited.  You can give me high fives in your mind.

Gosh, I got way off track.  What else is new?

So on a scale of ONE to ROB PATTINSON, how would you rate this blog?  What do you think I could or should do here that I am not? (Or amn't, as one of my kids used to say.  Aww.  I love amn't.) 

Once again, I am questioning my reason for blogging in the first place, and wonder if it's all just self important drivel that nobody really cares about anyway.  I mean, writing is fun, and I am rarely at loss for things to talk about (go figure), but really -- do you care?  Am I keeping you all interested and coming back?  Would you rather I just shut up and went away?  I mean, if I am just writing to write, I could always make this blog private and not clutter up the blog world with my nonsense.

So.  Really guys -- give it to me straight.  I need some constructive criticism.  Just please don't be all harsh and mean-ish and hurt my feelings.  I am bad at receiving criticism.  I am cringing, just waiting.

8 comments:

  1. As a relative new blogger I enjoy reading what you've got in here. I think sometimes the simple every day occurrences and thoughts people have can be the most interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's me. Giving it to you straight. Do you feel this is your blog? Do you feel it expresses you? If you do, just love it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Does that make sense, Jessee?

    You will never please everyone no matter how hard you try.

    Stay true to you...you're the only one that knows your true voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mother. many MANY people tell me how much they love my blog..including people MY age :P I read it every day and you make me laugh all the time. I enjoy reading your thoughts..it makes me feel even closer to you. I love you momma, and stick with this.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote how many people tell me that they love MY blog. I meant to say yours. although mine is cool, yours is way cooler. I MADE A TYPOOOO <3

    ...maybe I have Blenvy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does depend on WHY you are blogging. And the silly thing is that you may change that reason four or five times in the next year. Are you blogging for journaling purposes? (Then you might only have family read it.) Are you blogging to acquire as many readers as possible? (Then you have to network with other bloggers, do giveaways, etc.) Are you blogging to find your own voice? Are you blogging to make a few friends? Etc, etc. Figure out why you want to blog, and then write according to how you want to achieve that goal.

    (If you have any questions at all, I would be happy to answer them if I know the answers!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Good job on the urban dictionary words. And I love the term "on a scale of one to ...."

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait - I thought what other people think about you is 'none of your business'? Let's stay consistant here! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL -- good point Anonymous! :)
    JPT, Jenny, Erin & Kar - I replied to your comments thru gmail. If you didnt receive it can you let me know? Want to be sure I am doing it right.

    ReplyDelete