Tuesday, September 14, 2010

too seriously?


(by Anna from Red Means Go , a rather funny inappropriate blog)

I know a couple of people who take themselves, their lives way too seriously.  It's almost like they spend their time waiting to pounce on the one tiny little wrong-ish thing that someone says/does. 

Don't you think that living life like that has to suck?  Like, really -- I would have a headache on a daily basis if I was always on the edge, waiting for someone to mess up.  Come to think of it, I do pretty much have a headache every day, but really I think I just have a brain tumor.  But that's beside the point.

The point is - Why take everything so SERIOUSLY?  What do you really gain in life by being like that?  The satisfaction of saying "HA!  I was [insert (right/better/smarter/cooler/nicer etc.) here]!" ? I've come to learn that not everyone cares that much!   I took me a while to figure that out, but I decided to share that tidbit with you because I am all nice like that.  And maybe this post could be the beginning of a dramatic change that is necessary in your life!  Who knew I could be so influential?

So here is my challenge for the week:

-Chill out.
-Smile. A lot.
-Be glass HALF FULL.
-LISTEN.
-Imagine that when someone does something that irritates the crap out of you, they actually didn't mean to bug you.
-And finally, truly try to apply the best advice I have ever heard to your life: "It is none of your business what other people think of you." 

ps - if you are reading this and think that I am referring to YOU in particular, get over yourself.  I'm probably not.  Or maybe I am, but you'll never know! Right?  So just do my challenge and quit overthinking everything. K? K.  Just do it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad I just read your blog update. We just left the breakfast place you recommended. While there Sam dumped his juice on his clothing, the floor, and "Mom! I also got the chair soakin' wet!" Trying to view the entire glass incident as "half full" now! I send you a FB from my phone since WiFi wasn't working here last night. I don't think it actually went through though. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lisa -- sounds like a situation I have been in one too many times!

    ReplyDelete