Monday, March 28, 2016

easter wrap up and a moldy breakfast

So wow. Thank God Easter is over. Is that sacrilegious? If so, sorry God.

I had such a busy, fun-filled few days, but I was so glad when I woke up and it was Monday. The kids are back to school, the house is quiet and calm again, and I have nothing to do.

Nothing to do is my favorite thing.

I may or may not have slept til 10 am this morning. Don't judge me! I couldn't even help it! My curtains were closed and it was quiet and dark and nobody was home. It was totally an accident. But it was great. Though it is afternoon and I still feel kind of sleepy. I wonder if it has to do with the sleeping in like a teen-ager thing. Either that or the fact that it's a grey, drizzly day where I live. Those cozy days always make me sleepy.

We had my sister and her family here all weekend. We went on a few hikes, we colored eggs, we ate way too much, and I drank way too much. It was great. We sat around and sang duets and danced and played a funny card game. We had a big Easter egg hunt at my house, and a big Sunday dinner at my sister Ali's house. My son was home from college, which I love. I'd say it was a pretty successful holiday weekend. Except the part when I weighed myself this morning, but let's not go there right now.

Speaking of unpleasant things this morning, I ate some moldy bread. I discovered it right after I had eaten the entire piece of toast, including a few misc crumbs that I hoovered off of the plate. So then I felt so grossed out that I googled "what happens if you eat moldy bread," just in case I was about to keel over in a violent spore-filled puff of whatever.

Apparently it's no big deal. 

Good to know.

ANYway,  happy Monday! Here's hoping your bread isn't moldy!



No comments:

Post a Comment