Friday, May 4, 2012

Things that I suck at

Well you know I recently wrote a post about ten things that I am good at.  I guess it would only be fair to list ten things that I suck at.  I have to balance it all out so you don't just walk away thinking I am perfect or something, right?  This is just the tip of the iceberg though guys, because for some reason, I tend to suck at a lot of things.

1.  I suck at talking myself up.  I just can't sit around and go on about how great I am at like, dog training.  Jenney.

2.  I suck at talking to people that I don't know.  Look.  I am always over analyzing how I sound, how I come off, if I say something stupid.  It's just hard to chit chat when you have a constant monologue with yourself in your head like, me: "Did you really just say that?"  then, me: "Yes, yes I did."  and then again, me: "Are you fucking kidding me, me? You moron."

3.  I suck at talking to people that I do know.  See a pattern here?  I suck at talking in general.  Most often I feel like a bumbling idiot.

4.  I suck at slapping sense into people who need sense slapped into them.  I'm just not good at hurting people's feelings on purpose.  Or not on purpose I guess.

5.  I suck at getting looked at.  I cannot stand when people look at me.  I don't like to feel like a guy that I don't know is checking me out.  It makes me skin-crawly uncomfortable.  You can check me out if I do know you though. :)

6.  I suck at getting looked in.  I know I have had four kids and spent my share of time at the gynecologists office, but it never gets any more comfortable having a doctor guy's face in your naked crotch, or feeling you up while talking about the weather.  I'm pretty sure it never will.

7.  I suck at biting my tongue when someone is an asshole.  Let's just leave it at that.  I have no room for people like that in my life.  And I have a quick temper in very specific situations.

8.  I suck at letting mean things people say or do roll off my back.  Mostly, I just sit on things and rehash them in my head for oh, like ever.  Pretty much forever, yeah.  I'd probably be accurate in saying that I am a holder-onner.

9.  I suck at forgetting mean things.  In keeping with number 8 above.  More than likely if you're mean to me, I'll never forget it.  So, use caution. Just saying.

10.  I suck at forgiving people who have hurt me.  You know, I want to be more forgiving.  I try.  But eight and and nine above hinder that most often.  It's hard to forgive something when you can't forget it, or how it made you feel.  However, I have certainly forgiven some really difficult things that I never expected to.  Which is odd.

4 comments:

  1. Let's see, I can relate to #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...ok, that's all of them except #4. Are you shocked? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord, there is a tape in my head. A reel that plays over and over, the constant flicker of my life ceaselessly repeating itself for me to analyze.

    And right now, at this moment...forgiving is damn near impossible. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. We suck at a lot of the same things. And I was with you, word for word, on #2 until you threw in the F word. I wouldn't say that ... even inside my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can relate to a lot of those..

    ReplyDelete